I can't wait to taste it so i cut when it is hot.
Last year I made Bing pei (Crystal) mooncake but it was failed as it was hard on the next day. I guessed the reason being of i knead the dough for too long.Emm..Should i say i did not used hand to knead as i don't like the sticky part so i used breadmaker :OP This year I try out Shanghai mooncake as some people said Shanghai mooncake very easy to bake like a cookies. I always like the red bean filling with kuaci in the mooncake.
Here is the recipe:
280gm Flour (Sifted)
50gm Milk powder
25gm Custard powder
1 1/2tsp baking powder
100gm Icing sugar
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and mix well
- Add Shortening and mix well
- Add in Milk powder and Custard powder till combine
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder and mix to form dough
- Divide dough into small portions and form into balls
- Wrap it with red bean past filling.
- Arrange onto a lined baking tray and glaze with beaten egg yolk
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 25-30mins