Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Choc Chip with Cornflakes Cookie





I bake this cookies last few months. I decided to post this pic and would like to share the to those cookies lover. I got the recipe from my SG ex-colleague. I remember after a bite of the cookie i love it so much and asked for the recipe. I bake this cookies for few times and received lots of compliment. I gave some to my Arabian neighbour, the next day she asked for the recipe. :oP.. Don't look at the pic like this but it tasted really good and crunchy. But cannot compare to Famous Amos lah :o).

Ingredients A
150g butter
150g castor sugar

1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence

Sifted ingredients
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Ingredients B
100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups kellogg's cornflakes, crushed
1 cup almond nibs or chopped almonds (i toasted it as it smell more fragrant)

- Cream ingredients A till light and fluffy 
- Add egg and vanilla essence, beat to combine
- Fold in sifted ingredients
- Add in ingredients B and mix to form dough
- Cover mixing bowl with cling-wrap and place in fridge overnight 
- Let dough thaw out slightly before baking
- Scoop little chunks onto baking tray lined with baking/greaseproof paper (don't flatten)
- Bake in preheated over at 175 degrees Celcius for about 15mins (cookies should be golden brown)




2 comments:

  1. hi. i've tried this recipe, and within 2 weeks, I made it 3 times! very addictive. i reduced the sugar to 125g to suit my taste, but overall it is still very good. thank u very much for sharing, i'll stick with this recipe from now on :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nimi, I'm glad that you loves this recipe. Thanks for the feedback. I sometimes reduced the sugar level to suit my husband's taste too.

      Delete