Salad with ham and sesame dressing for lunch.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
I have been bookmarked this recipe from few bloggers and again i don't have confidence to bake cake or i should said i did not get the clear picture for Eg: how's the water bath work for this recipe. Until I read Sonia's blog about the Tips & Tricks from Ju. Thanks for both sharing.
I doubt my ability when double boiled the cheese cream and whipping egg white. When the egg white reached soft peak i have to triple confirm and referred to my printed copy of picture for the egg white whipping.
The cake rose in the beginning during baking. When I leave it to cool in oven with door ajar, the cake was sink down slightly. Thank god it was just slightly. My daughter and i love this cake so much. My daughter said "wants to bring some to school tomorrow and also bring some during the school trip next week". Well! I love it very much as it tasted like "kai tan koh" (steamed egg cake) with mild cheese.
I will be submitting to Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011) hosted by Jean from Noms I Must.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Lately, I have been crazy to learn make Man Tou as it is not difficult to make it. I just dumped all the ingredients into bread maker. I like the recipe from Jane's Corner, her Man Tou looks so nice.
I think i over steamed the Coco Man Tou as it looks so wrinkled but the Carrot Man Tou looks so nice in orangy. These buns are nice to serve warm.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
I have been bookmarked this recipe for some times as not ready to make it. Maybe i don't have confident to making any cake cos not very good on it. Steamed Egg Cake (Kai Tan Koh) is my childhood favourite cake. I will definitely buy this cake from pasar malam.
Yesterday, i saw my friend posted her Cocoa Steamed Egg Cake in Facebook which was inspired me to make it on the next day. I told myself have to be patient do not open the wok cover, after 20mins i opened and teng teng teng teng...The cake result was so successful, i'm so proud of myself as i finally able to make the tradition steamed egg cake....This cake nice to serve warm.
I followed the recipe from HeartyBake . My steaming time is 20mins.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Thanks to Small Small Baker for passing me this award. I never thought of having any award. I'm having fun to own a blog here and have been fun to read other blogger's recipe as they are very very good in baking and cooking. I'm still in learning curve for baking and cooking.
Here are the rules to abide in order to accept this award and they are:
1. Post linking back to the person that gave you the award
2. Share 7 random things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered blogs
4. Drop them a note and tell them about it.
My 7 random things are;
1. Decided to sign up fitness but gotta hold until my knee have been recovered.
2. I miss my oversea trip with husband and girlfriend. I wish i can let go my kids with babysitter to take care of which im not ready to do that. I really wish that i can travel this year and have a good rest.
3. Have been insterested to do "Man Tou" or "Pau" and Chiffon Cake. Need more practise.
4. Have been trying to cut down frizzy drinks and nasi lemak for the sake of my health. Just having a mild blood pressure. Because of the family history, i rather start early before it came worst. So i have invested a new juicer (can drop one whole apple for the lazy people) and blended many glasses of juices for myself and family. Thanks to my hubby to bought me this juicer.
5. Wish to get bonus from my company which i have been waiting and waiting for so many years.
6. Wishes to have time to attend part time baking course. Have been attended baking workshop recently.
7. Habit of buying recipe books.
I would like to dedicate this awards to;
1. Small Small Baker
2. Ellena of Cuisine Paradise
3. Jane of Jane's Corner
4. Wendy of Table for 2..more
5. Hearty Bakes
6. Nasi Lemak Lover
8. Jess of JessKitch3n
12. Pure Enjoyment
13. My kitch3n
15.Angie of Angie's recipe