Guess what is it?
It is actually Cucumber mix with milk for cooling skin which is instantly calms dry, irritated or itchy skin. It works for soothing sunburned skin.
Past few weeks don't know why my face popped up a lots of pimples which are irritated and itchy. I have been applying Oxy on my pimples which is effective for awhile but the next day my face popped up new pimples after the old one gone...Stressed...Probably hormone is changing i guessed. I even try to let my face rest for a day without any skincare but the T-zone on my face appeared oily..sigh..
I came across this remedy featured from Her World magazine last month, i just tried it out today the itchiness are gone. It is works for me. Maybe you can try it out.
1/4 cucumber, seeds removed
1. Grate the cucumber and strain the flesh to extract juice.
2. Mix the cucumber juice with the milk in a shallow dish and soak cotton pads in it.
3. Gently wring the cotton pads to remove excess liquid and apply on itchy or sunburned spots.
Notes: This mixture cannot be stored because it contains milk, so discard any leftovers after using.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
I made these mini bread few batches already. My kids love it so much maybe due to the mini size and parmesan taste. My son took few bites in one go. My daughter always request for this mini breads.
The recipe was adapted from Min's blog
- High Protein Flour 200g
- Instant yeast 1/3tsp
- Castor sugar 30g
- Egg 1
- Salt 1/8tsp
- Parmesan Cheese powder 1Tbsp
- Milk 80g
- Unsalted butter 30g （cut into cube and cool down to room temperature)
- Mix all the dry ingredients except butter till well-blended.
- Add in the liquids (egg and milk) and knead to form a rough dough.
- Add in butter cubes and knead to form elastic dough.
- Let it proof for 60 minutes or till double its size.
- Punch down the dough to release air and let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Flatten the dough and roll it into 1cm thick rectangular shape.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 2cm x 2cm square pieces.
- Arrange them into baking tray and let them proof for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180'C for 12-14 minutes.
Monday, September 24, 2012
This month is a Sarawak month hosted by Featsoffeasts for Malaysian Food Fest.
“I am submitting this dish to , Sarawak Month hosted by Sharon of ”
It was my first attempt to cook Sarawak Laksa. I bought this Instant Laksa Paste from Kuching last year when I attended my friend's wedding at Kuching. The original Laksa taste fragrant compare to the instant packet. Sorry for the bad photography as i have to snapped fast as afraid the noodles will turn soggy plus my husband was hungry.:oP. It was easy to cook just add the water and coconut milk with the instant paste.
Recipe for Sarawak Laksa (I followed the steps from Featsoffeasts)
Instant laksa paste 1 packet
1900ml (followed the packet)
150 ml coconut milk
Salt to taste
Instant Vermicelli (no need to soak)
Shredded chicken breast
Bean sprouts (pre-cooked)
- Boil water with laksa paste (the packet did not require to boil for how long but i follow Featsoffeasts) to boil for about 1hr.
- I strained twice to discard the pieces left from the soup.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 10mins
- Add salt
- Blanch vermicelli into hot water until it soft. Place vermicelli into a bowl and add ingredients on top.
- Ladle hot soup over the vermicelli.
- Serve hot. You can serve it with sambal belacan. (i forgot to buy :oP).
At the same time, I also cooked the simple mee sua soup for my kids. The noodles is a homemade mee sua from Sibu which I always asked my friend to buy it everytime she went back to Sibu.
My friend always buy the fresh one. She said the dried mee sua easily crash if she put into the luggage so she got me the fresh one. I will always cut and roll them dry it under the sun until the noodles really dried.
“I am submitting this dish to , Sarawak Month hosted by Sharon of ”
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
As a novice like me, i like something quick, easy and simple recipe. I found this quick and easy recipe from Featsoffeasts. It just needs 3 ingredient like egg, nutella, puff pastry sheet. I was so greedy bought 2 bottle of nutellas, now i can use it for this puff pastry.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
I'm sick of having rice and meat lately. Don't know why. And lazy to go to wet market. My fridge also running out of stock. I went to the supermarket bought some carrots, bacon and cabbage for fried vermicelli. Actually last week i wanted to fry it but my AMC cooker did not functioned properly. The sign of is time to throw it away. I always rely on AMC when i need to fry noodles as just dump everything inside just cook like that. Today, I tried to cook beehoon. I read thru the Famous cuisine's cookbook, the vermicelli needs to boil in hot water first. I always thought it needs to be soak into cold water for few minutes. So i called my mom to confirm, she asked me just soak it longer if dry when frying just add a bit of water.
The original recipe is from Famous Cuisine's cookbook. The recipe is called Pumpkin Fried Rice Vermicelli.
I did not follow the exact ingredient.
300gm soaked rice vermicelli
100gm shredded pumpkin (I replaced with shredded carrot)
40gm dried shrimps (I forgot to put but still taste good)
100gm shredded bacon
100gm beansprouts (I did not put as my kids doesnt like this)
100gm shredded cabbages
1tsp chopped garlic
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1. Blanch the rice vermicelli in the boiling water. (I just soaked in the normal water until it soft). Dish out, drain well and keep aside.
2. Heat up 2tbsp oil in the hot wok, saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in shredded pumpkin, dried shrimps, bacon, cabbages and beansprouts, stri-fry briskly until aromatic.
3. Add in rice vermicelli and seasoning, stirring constantly over high heat until well combined. Dish up and serve hot.
I think i have been crazy of baking and cooking lately. I have the habit whenever i read the favourite recipe, i will go and buy the ingredients but after that i did not make it and store it for sometime. I got the yogurt in the fridge and thought of bake the cake but not this one. Now i can't remember which recipe that i have bookmarked. Last few days i saw Anncoojournal's blog posted the orange muffin with yogurt. So this is the time i should finished the yogurt..:O).
The verdict for this muffin is spongy but a bit sweet for me. It depends on the individual taste bud. I should reduce the sugar next round. I'm happy as i beated the egg whites in peak form successfully which im not always that lucky..
Friday, August 24, 2012
Just a short post, my son loves chocolate which i had promised to bake chocolate muffin one day. I used the premix muffin bought from bakery ingredient store. I always buy this premix muffin which is moist and not so sweet as well as the chocolate was imported. It is simply easy just add butter/oil, water and eggs. Save time from weighing flours, sugar and etc with the premix muffin flour.