It was my first attempt to cook Sarawak Laksa. I bought this Instant Laksa Paste from Kuching last year when I attended my friend's wedding at Kuching. The original Laksa taste fragrant compare to the instant packet. Sorry for the bad photography as i have to snapped fast as afraid the noodles will turn soggy plus my husband was hungry.:oP. It was easy to cook just add the water and coconut milk with the instant paste.
Recipe for Sarawak Laksa (I followed the steps from Featsoffeasts)
Instant laksa paste 1 packet
1900ml (followed the packet)
150 ml coconut milk
Salt to taste
Instant Vermicelli (no need to soak)
Shredded chicken breast
Bean sprouts (pre-cooked)
- Boil water with laksa paste (the packet did not require to boil for how long but i follow Featsoffeasts) to boil for about 1hr.
- I strained twice to discard the pieces left from the soup.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 10mins
- Add salt
- Blanch vermicelli into hot water until it soft. Place vermicelli into a bowl and add ingredients on top.
- Ladle hot soup over the vermicelli.
- Serve hot. You can serve it with sambal belacan. (i forgot to buy :oP).
At the same time, I also cooked the simple mee sua soup for my kids. The noodles is a homemade mee sua from Sibu which I always asked my friend to buy it everytime she went back to Sibu.
My friend always buy the fresh one. She said the dried mee sua easily crash if she put into the luggage so she got me the fresh one. I will always cut and roll them dry it under the sun until the noodles really dried.
“I am submitting this dish to , Sarawak Month hosted by Sharon of ”