Friday, November 26, 2010
This is the shortest version of chiffon cake. I bought the Chiffon Cake Mix from bakery ingredient shop. The boss told me that the easy method to bake chiffon cake is use this cake mix just added eggs, water and oil unlike the original method which you have to separate egg yolks and egg white. The chiffon cake mix i bought is 500gm and required 8-10 eggs..I don't have confident to bake the whole packets so i just bake half only.
I substitute orange juice with water and added some orange rind. The whole cake taste orangy like the first Orange Chiffon cake that i baked last time.
Frankly, i'm still prefer the original version..the tall one.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Pineapple and bacon pizza
Mushroom and pineapple pizza
Today after workout from yoga class, i feel so so hungry. Lots of foods comes in to my mind. I bought my favourite baguette from bakery shop. I suddenly think of pizza for dinner tonight and i have bacon and pizza base in the freezer. I bought some fresh pineapple, mozzarella cheese and mushroom from supermarket. Initially i thought of bake one pizza only, after read the instruction about pizza once thaw cannot refreeze so i have to bake all. I got the little helper to sprinkle cheese on the pizzas. During the preparation i didn't noticed that it was already 5pm, no wonder my little girl so noisy for the pizza.
Pineapple with bacon pizza
1. Pizza base.
2. Tomato sauce
4. Pineapple chunks
5. Mozzarella cheese
Thaw the pizza base, apply tomato sauce on the pizza follow by cheese, bacon, pineapple and sprinkle cheese again. Bake for 200C at 20mins or until the cheese melted.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
I bought this ice lolly mould from Sogo during Pre-sales. After make this lollies ice cream now i feel regretted that i just bought only one mould. It was refreshing. Taste sweet and a bit sour. I did not follow the overall ingredients so I just bought 1/4 watermelon and 1 lemon when i was at Cold Storage. When i reached home i referred to the book and knowing that i need to put apple juice and lime instead of lemon. The original recipe used food processor to blend fruit but I smashed fruit with sieve instead of blend it.
The recipe was adapted from Children's Cookbook by Sara Lewis
625gm wedge of watermelon
150ml (1/4 pint) apple juice
2 tbsp caster sugar
What to do
1. Using the large metal spoon, scoop the red melon flesh and black seeds away from the green skin and into the food processor
2. Blend briefly so that the fruit is pureed but the seeds are still whole
3. Tip the mixture into the sieve set over the large bowl and press the red melon flesh through the sieve with the metal spoon, leaving the seeds behind in the sieve.
4. Finely grate the rind of the limes and add to the melon puree. Cut the limes in half and squeeze out the juice. Stir into the melon puree with the apple juice and sugar.
5. Pour the melon mixture into sections of the ice lolly mould. Add the tops. Freezer for 4hrs or longer if you have time until frozen solid
6. To take the lollies out of the moulds, dip the plastic mould into a bowl of just boiled water from the kettle. Count to 10, then lift each lolly and top out of mould and serve.
Tips : Use this same idea to make papaya, mango or peach lollies, but remove the seeds or stones before pureeing.
I saw this recipe pancake adapted from Table for 2 which was so easy to make. The problem part was i'm too tired to beat the egg white with hands cos i'm lazy to take out the mixer. Moreover the ingredient is not so much so i whisked by hand.
I'm not good frying in round shape like Table for 2 so perfect, mine one is out of shape :oP. The pic looks like omelet right but actually is sponge pancake. I like pancake serve with chocolate and banana but i don't have the banana so i applied it with nutella, walnut and raisin. I prefer the plain sponge pancake as it got the sweet taste there. Both of my kids awaiting for my pancake for breakfast, my son no need to say as he is a big eater.