Friday, September 3, 2010

Choc Chip & Raisin Bun



Which buns more bigger left or right?



I decided to bake buns today as a snack for our trip to Cameron tomorrow. I bought the raisin buns (plastic) from Bread Story yesterday which charged us RM4.50 for 4pcs, Quite expensive though. The recipe that i bake is without bread improver which i think much more healthier. I used the Hokkaido Milky Loaf recipe, can't remember copied from which website. I used breadmaker to knead a dough and this time i let the dough proof for 45mins and went for a nap with my daugh. Then i remove dough and give a few kneading to press out the trapped air . I divided 10 portions and rest for 30mins. You see the buns look fluffy and soft. 

Recipe:
- Low fat milk (warm) 150ml
- 1 egg
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Unsalted butter 35gm or 2tbs
- Milk powder 1tbsp
- High protein flour 250gm
- Castor sugar 25gm or 2 1/2 tbs
- Dry yeast 4g or 2 1/2tsp

Bake at 180C at 20mins

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Camerons trip and don't forget to get yummy strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thks Wendy..We really enjoyed the Cameron trip.

    ReplyDelete