When i was small my mum used to call me loudly after she knead a Pan Mee dough from the kitchen. I will helped out to roll a dough into tiny pieces and soak into the water. My mum never used the machine to cut the noodles. Her traditional way will be soaked the tiny dough for 5 minutes, then pull it longer like a noodle. The dough that soak into the water to make the noodle soften.
My daugh asked me to cook Pan Mee for her dinner tonight. Actually I planned to cook rice since she requested for pan mee and i feel like eating too so i prepared in a last minute. I gave one bowl to my neighbour. She returned the bowl after 20mins. I guessed she might be hungry :oP. She said the soup was tasty.
1/2 tsp salt
300gm plain flour
1. I used breadmaker to knead dough.
2. Roll the dough into tiny pieces as shown in the picture and soak into the water for about 5mins or till soft.
3. Take a tiny dough to pull it gently and thin like a noodle size. Make sure not too hard as there will be a hole on the noodle.
4. Put the noodles into boiling soup on low heat as you need time to tear more noodles.
5. Add spinach follow by seasoning.
6. Garnish with fried onion, some onion oil and fried anchovies. Ready to serve
Ingredients for soup:
Small bunch of anchovies (for soup)
4-5 slices ginger
Pork ball or slice pork (Depends on individual desire)
Salt, sesame oil, pepper. (I didnt do the measurement, it depends on individual taste)
Small onion and extra anchovies.(For garnishing)
1. Rinse anchovies, drain and put aside to prepare soup.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Fry onion and anchovies until golden brown. Reserve onion oil.
3. Heat oil in a another pot/wok. Fry ginger and anchovies together for awhile then add water for boiling.
2. Discard the anchovies after boiled.