It was very frustrated today, don't know what happened to my hand-phone. I have took some pic of Apple Crumble but unable to upload. I used the old fashion camera but the pic look so blur. It is time for me to buy new camera..emmm...gotta hold on first i need to wait for Ipad 2. :oP
Last time i do not fancy of any sweet dessert and never thought of try it until one day my colleague from UK, she bought an Apple Crumble from La Gourmet at Bangsar. I was quite hungry that day and tried one of it...u know what it was so delicious. I told myself i have to learn to make this and i found the recipe from the book (will post the recipe book later as i don't know how to use the chinese word here). I will try my best to translate the recipe from chinese to english.
It is quite easy to make it. The Apple crumble nice to serve with ice cream.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring bakers #5 - Fruit March hosted by Jes from Bakericious
Apple filling Recipe
4 green apples
80gm icing sugar (a bit sweet for me, should reduce next time)
1 tbsp water
60gm cake flour
60gm icing sugar
60gm almond powder
60gm unsalted butter
35gm walnut (option)
- Cut apples into cube size, discard skin.
- In a pot, put water & icing sugar under high heat. Do not stir, wait to boil until caramelized.. Shake a bit of the pot.
- Add apples cook for 15mins or until apples soft
- Sieve cake flour and put into the mixing bowl with sugar and almond powder. Mix well
- Add cold butter, cut into cube size. Use hand to press and mix the crumble.
- Add chopped walnut and mix well.
- Scoop the apples from the pot into oven proof dish or pie pan. Put the crumble on top of the apples
- Bake for 200C for 20-30mins or until golden brown. Ready to serve.
Tips : The butter will getting melt if you did not bake the crumble on the day itself. Put the crumble into freezer
for next use. You can use the fruit from can if you lazy to cook.