My blood pressure was increased recently. I always feeling dizzy for the past 6 mths only lately it getting worst. I was having a terrible headache and giddiness last Friday. When doing housework half way my head swing and felt like vomit. I have to stopped and lied down on bed. Oh gosh, Dr told me that i have to go for ENT/MRI scan. Until now i didn't go for that scan cos i haven't prepare yet.
Before i posting this, i have been browsing thru blogger's recipe and thought of want to bake chiffon cake again. But my body told me that i gotta rest and my brain totally blank. I was thinking if that possible the Chiffon cake appear in front of me so i don't have to bake it. Oh...where is chiffon cake so tempting now.
I cook Pueraria Root (FAt Kot in cantonese) on last Sat. The feature of it helps to clear heatiness, stops thirst and vomiting; tonifies blood, stops diarrhea and reduces blood pressure. I followed the recipe from the book "The World of Nourishing & Fine Soups" published by Seashore.
40gm Pueraria root
10gm black eye bean
1 red date
10gm solomonseal rhizome (yuk chuk in cantonese)
2pieces chicken (i put small kg chicken)
1. Scald skinned chicken in boiling water, rinse and put into stewing pot.
2. Peel pueraria root and cut into pieces. Soak peanut and black eye bean in water for 20mins, remove and set aside
3. Remove seeds from red date. Put all the ingredients into stewing pot, pour in water and stew for 4 hrs. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and serve.
Strengthens the spleen and stomach; reduces blood vessel diseases and expels dampness
1. Black eye bean is neutral nature, sweet and tasteless. It helps to strengthen the spleen, expels dampness and tonifies qi.
2. Peanut is also neutral in nature, sweet and tasteless. It helps to tonify qi, strengthens the spleen and stomach.